Yes, it is my birthday today. Yay me. I managed to get through another year.
I’m starting to think about the list of things I wanted to accomplish in ten years that I wrote when I was in my final year of high school (eight years ago now). I wanted to live in another country, even if only for a little bit. First year out of school I went overseas on student exchange for the year before returning to Aus to go to university. I wanted to be a teacher which I am. I wanted to write and I do. I am writing and I am working toward being published. Maybe it is almost time for me to think about what I want for the next ten years.
I really believe the important thing with goal setting is to make sure you are capable of accomplishing the things you put on your list. That means, your goals can’t be dependent on other people. I put down that I wanted to write, not that I wanted to be published, because writing I can do just by putting my mind to it. Being published requires the a publisher to like your work, the market to be right for your work, and a whole stack of things you have no control over.
My goals as far as writing for the next ten years (other than being published) would be:
- write better grammatically
- be more consistent in my writing habits
- read more frequently
- tackle some writing outside of the fantasy genre
My birthday also marks the beginning of the Christmas lead up and for the next few days I’ll be out and about visiting family so just a few thoughts:
1. Merry Christmas to everyone who visits the blog and I hope you have a fabulous holiday.
2. I will post my next post on the 26th of December.
3. I hope that those of you who are writing are successful and that those of you who are taking a short break over Christmas feel rested. Mostly I would like to hope that everyone can get what they want out of the next few weeks.
Comments are closed.