I’m on holidays at the moment but I’m reposting some of the more popular posts from my old blog, Darkened Jade. If you leave a comment I’ll be sure to catch up with you when I get back.
For a while now I have been reading everything I can about writing. Obviously there is more being written than I could ever possibly read but I have read quite a bit. I just want to quickly share five bits of advice I have read recently, in no particular order, that seemed to have some merit.
- Don’t worry about being the next big thing, worry about writing a good story. This I read less than two minutes ago on another blog and thought it was brilliant, unfortunately forgot which blog.
- Social networking, Twitter and the like, can help authors or hinder them, depending on how they use it.
- Inspiration takes seconds while writing is a long and time consuming labour (though very much worth it).
- While some people will forgive grammatical errors in a good story, others will reach for the tar and feathers.
- Writers everywhere rely way too heavily on caffeine. No wonder we’re all just that little bit out there.
Keep writing and have fun.
And here’s the link if you haven’t yet checked out the blurb or excerpt for Death’s Daughter.
Comments are closed.